Saturday, January 02, 2010

"Rainbow Trout in Red" ~ 54"hx 42"w Hudson River School A Painting a Day Landscapes by Connie Tom


This is a commission painting I did for the lobby over the fireplace of a fishing retreat beautiful log facility. The owner wanted the atmospheric conditions to reflect red in the air and water. I wanted "some" background elements to show up. The trick was to keep them pretty obscure so as to leave the rainbow trout the main attraction. Enjoy!

"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~ Isaiah 55:10-11.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Trout - Homeristic. http://ayearonthefly.blogspot.com/ Glad to find another daily painter