Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Buffalo Among the Geysers" ~ 24"h x 36"w Original Oil Painting by Connie Tom Hudson River School Wildlife Landscape Yellowstone Wyoming

"Buffalo Among the Geysers" 24"h x 36"w Original Oil Painting by Connie Tom

I paint a lot of nature scenes and scenes of the wilderness. This scene pictures the buffalo among the geysers at Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. I was reading an article in the Sunday paper about how fatigue can set in with too many decisions. It was suggested that we take a look at scenes of nature. it said that studies have shown that nature scenes can restore and regenerate attention. John Muir (b.21 April 1838) was a Scottish-born American naturalist and author and advocate of the preservation of wilderness in the United States. He petitioned the U.S. Congress for the National Park bill that was passed in 1890. Because of the spiritual quality and enthusiasm toward nature expressed in his writings, he was able to inspire readers, including presidents and congressmen, to take action to help preserve large nature areas. He is referred to as the "Father of the National Parks" today.


You can see more of my work at www.connietom.com.

"I waited patiently for the Lord: and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies." ~ Psalm 40:1-4

No comments: