Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Captured by the Light III" ~ A Painting a Day Hudson River School Luminous Landscapes Paintings by Connie Tom


I absolutely love the luminosity of Light! When you think of "light", it's something light and airy, not heavy and burdensome. I think of purity, holiness, and rightousness, cleanliness, godliness, not dark, dreary, tainted, down and dirty, and filthy. Jesus Christ said, "I am the Light of the world". "He who cometh to Me, I will in no wise cast out." "Come unto Me, ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest unto your souls". I guess that's why I am soooo drawn to the light and thus want to paint it. I am fascinated and mezmerized by it. It cheers me up and makes me joyful. It reminds me of all the things I have to be grateful for. Just as I am, this lone boater seems to be "Captured by the Light". ~ Enjoy!


"The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof." ~ Psalm 50:1.

No comments: